Wednesday, September 7, 2016

IMPACT FINAL



1. Review Responses, Comments, Critical Analyses, Images, Video on FaceBook NYU IMPACT 2016 and IMPACT 2016 Collaborative Projects Blogs. Discuss any special sub groups you may have participated in or created. In this work, visit and comment on the blogs of Collaborative Projects and comment on features or insights presented on the Blogs.



I read all of posts and comments on Facebook after end of IMPACT2016. I got thoughts, experiences and spirits when I saw these posts, each post I felt I got something even some of I wasn’t in. About IMPACT 2016 Collaborative Projects Blogs, it is new study way for me. I never take any lesson that use social software for research and learning. I thought it really opens my mind and stimulates my studying passion. In this final time, I review again all of texts and video, these already became milestone of studying in Interactive Multimedia Performing Arts Collaborative and Technology (I love this IMPACT meaning). And I would like to share the experience during in Impact. My group team: Snapchat, I really appreciated we did great job on final. However, we met huge problems since we decided what we do and what is meaningful for us. Our topic was water because we thought water as IMPACT, it is naturally, connectable and unity. In this job, I got not only any Collaborative skill but also how to come true the idea. More important, I learned how to communicated with many people. Every people have their own opinion, I studied how to connect other people’s idea and hold the goal for us. In my perspective, IMPACT is a studying method for me. Although IMPACT already finished, it was a beginning of my studying road.





2. Discuss Consilience or The Rhythmic Event and focus on its relevance to IMPACT as a structure for collaborative creation.



I’m graceful that I focus on “The Rhythmic Event” reading work. This book explores digital media art and its tendency to initiate situations of affective interactivity, rhythmicity, and temporality. It emerges various fields in art remind my think IMPACT. Some opinions of this book are very relevance to IMPACT, such as digital aesthetics that allows for the emergence of new forms of feeling and experience. The concept of rhythm as disentangled from physical, musical, and chronological phenomena has been crucial to the claims of this book. And when I took IMPACT class, it also uses or describes these phenomena to explain how art it is. So I found when I read book for outside studying in IMPACT workshop, I still feel it has connection and instructions with IMPACT class.

3. Respond to the Cassandra publication by Christa Wolf as an example of using creative process as research and the resultant novel. In that context, explore the Internet and social media as possible instruments for research.



Reading "Cassandra", I feel quite deeply sorry and sorrow in this tragedy story that leading role, as she seems to be the victim in her life. For me, I can’t say I connect this story with IMPACT. However, I did some research using Internet to get a lot of information such as Cassandra lecture, performance, musical and video. I thought when text with visual studying, it will be more specific and deeply feeling. Specially, when I read the story on the stage, I think I get some power comes from this story and I learn how to connect text to performance. That’s remind me think about the performance experience in IMPACT stage. Cassandra gives me tragedy power that raises control, sorrow and emotion in society. Also, reading study supported me to find real feeling for using in performance. I got the passion or spirits on the stage seems my dance duet, and these all of thoughts relate to my Pipa piece performance.






4. Explore the issue of quality with regard to the process of NYU IMPACT 2016.



I’m appreciated that I was in IMPACT 2016. There are several reasons made me feel high quality in this IMPACT teaching team. First, I learned technical knowledge or trendy in music technology. I got the strong technology supported music performance and music education. That’s really wonderful on everyday coffee hour because we had professional lecture in different topic in technology. Some lectures really open my new view, I never think about using furniture to make music. Also, some lectures seem as movie, such as “robot music”, 3D touching in music. These high quality technologies in IMPACT attracted me to study or research in music technical field although I am not techie. Second, I think the high quality in music education in IMPACT that each special interest workshop as the drama and the dance class teach students not only the traditional education method but also contain many elements. The drama class made every student believes they are actor; the dance class made every student believes they are dancer. This was extremely successful. I thought the great education is not how specific knowledge you teach, it is stimulating students’ passion in studying.



5. Analyze your role and your process in the class and reflect upon aspects or practices that were meaningful to you.



There is no doubt every process in IMPACT for me is meaningful. Especially, I was in dance group. This experience is very special and meaningful because I changed mind in dance performance, otherwise it not just dance performance on the stage. In final project of IMPACT, I think about give it up in dance performance because I feel shame and lose confident to compare professional dancers. However, the Dr. Gilbert and Dr. Lisa encourage me to believe and trust myself. Every performance never think they are ready till they are in stage. If you are not in, you loss chance, that mean you fail. And another Professor said: Don’t compare any experience in your personal work. That really treats me because when you compare something, you cannot focus on studying or performance. You cannot be great one for yourself. Another aspect during IMPACT I thought meaningful is cooperation and teamwork. IMPACT teaches and fixed me some thoughts in my mind. For example, if I play pipa by myself, I cannot create such beauty performance on love story; if I an not in the team in IMPACT such as “Snap chat”, I cannot performance “water topic”. Learning from other people; learning from Collaborative. That also is IMPACT meaning I thought.





Thank you all of Professors and classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment